NTC 300 Week 1 Individual: Your Own Cloud
Assignment Preparation: Activities include reviewing the Lynda.com® videos, completing the Pluralsight courses, independent student reading, and research.
Watch the following Lynda.com® videos:
- “Cloud Computing First Look” with David Rivers:
- Section 1, “Cloud Computing Basics”
- Section 2, “Evaluate Whether Cloud Computing Is Right for Your Business”
- Section 3, “Explore Cloud Storage”
- “Up and Running with OneDrive” with Jess Stratton:
- Section 1, “Getting Started with OneDrive”
Complete the following Pluralsight courses:
- “History of Cloud Computing”
- “Exploring Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Solutions”
- “Exploring Software as a Service (SaaS) Solutions”
Watch the Microsoft® training video “What is OneDrive?”
If you are not already using OneDrive® as part of your University of Phoenix Office 365™ account, sign up for your free University of Phoenix Office 365™ account and set up your OneDrive® account.
Explore the services provided.
Upload a document to your OneDrive® Cloud environment, and then retrieve that same document, saving it onto an USB Flash Drive.
Write a 1- to 2-page report covering the following requirements:
- In 350 to 700 words, describe your experiences of setting up your OneDrive® Cloud environment.
- Paste two screenshots into your document.
Based on this experience, your reading, and additional research, explain how you might personally use the OneDrive® cloud services.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.