GEN 201 Week 2 Thesis Statement and Informal Outline
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Thesis Statement and Informal Outline Worksheet.
Submit your assignment by clicking the Assignment Files tab above.
Thesis Statement and Informal Outline Worksheet
In this course, you will write a 1,050- to 1,400-word comprehensive Continuing Academic Success essay, due in Week 5. The Week 5 essay will help you apply what you learned in this course and take responsibility for your success in your education and your career. Please review the requirements for the Week 5 assignment to become familiar with the instructions. Starting this week, and in the weeks to come, we will be building upon an outline with a thesis statement, subtopics, and research to assist in your final paper.
For this week, using the Center for Writing Excellence resources, provide your thesis statement and begin creating the informal outline for your Continuing Academic Success essay assignment. Include the following in your outline this week:
- The benefit of creating educational goals, including at least one educational goal you set for yourself
- Your personal learning style, as well as how knowing your learning style can help you be successful as you move through your program and career
- How the writing process can help you advance your education and career
- Which resources, inside and outside of the university, you can use to help you reach your goals and make you more successful
- An explanation of the importance of academic integrity
This is a one-sentence summary of your Week 5 paper that will be based on the bulleted items above.
Each topic below should be a main idea for a paragraph that might be in your Week 5 assignment (see bulleted items above). Each support point should be something that you plan to write about that relates to the corresponding topic.
- Topic 1
- Topic 2
- Topic 3
- Topic 4
- Topic 5