BSHS 385 Week 3 Listening Strategies Presentation
Resource: Mental Health Facilitator Module 4 “Communicating Effectively.”
Complete the University of Phoenix Material:Listening Strategies Presentation.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Listening Strategies Presentation
Read the following scenario and complete Parts 1 and 2:
You are an adoption case worker. Your client is a 16-year-old teenager who is pregnant. The client comes to your agency to begin the adoption process. You meet with her in a therapeutic setting. You must listen to her story to develop a plan of care for her and her unborn child. The client’s initials are J.K.
Read the Mental Health Facilitator Module 4 “Communicating Effectively” located on the student website.
Imagine how the interview between the adoption case worker and the client will progress. Be creative. Create the questions and responses as they are likely to occur based on the scenario.
Include the following elements in your interview:
- Active-listening and effective-listening strategies
- The behaviors you should use with this client
- The behaviors you should avoid with this client
- Ways to develop rapport and trust with the client
Create a transcript of the questions asked and the client’s responses.
Create an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with detailed speaker notes, discussing the listening strategies used in the interview and how you modified communication to meet the client’s needs. As part of the presentation, reflect on the scenario and include details of the transcript created in Part 1.
Include the following in your presentation:
- The responses to the questions
- The active-listening and effective-listening strategies you used during this interview process
- Descriptions of social bonds created during the interview process
- Ways you developed rapport and trust with the client
Provide the facilitator and other Learning Teams with a copy of the transcript created in Part 1.