BSCOM 260 Week 1 Understanding Technical Communication
As a team, discuss the features of technical writing as well as what your personal experiences are / have been with technical writing. To complete the task, either compile your individual responses to each of the questions and create a comprehensive answer to each or assign one question to each team member to address.
Write a brief 3- to 5-sentence response for each of the following:
- What are typical kinds of technical communication?
- What are the main features of technical communication? How is good writing a fundamental element of technical communication?
- How have you used technical communication in your professional or student experience? With what types of technical communication are you most familiar? What forms of technical communication would be most beneficial to you in your career?
- How would you describe the tone and style of your technical communication in your professional lives? If you have minimal professional experience, how would you describe your technical communication as a student?
- After reading this week’s assigned chapters from your text, how could you improve your own technical communication in your professional or student life? Provide examples.
Edit the final work for grammar, punctuation, and mechanics before submitting. Regardless of your chosen strategy for handling the assignment, edit for cohesive voice.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.