DOWNLOAD 1983-1993 MerCruiser GM 6 Cylinder Engine Service Manual
Buy and Download >
NOTE: If you click on the Buy and Download button and you’re misdirected to PayPal's homepage. Use the backspace button to return to the product page and then click on the Buy and Download button again. It should then allow you to purchase the manual.
This manual contains an introductory description and procedures for the inspection, service and overhaul of the 1983 thru 1993 MerCruiser 6-cylinder’s main components. General knowledge information is not included. Please read the general information section to familiarize yourself with basic information concerning the MerCruiser. Read and refer to the other sections in this manual for information regarding proper inspection and service procedures.
Illustrations in this manual are used to show the basic principles of operation and work procedures. This manual only covers Engine Repair and does not cover stern drive unit repair or transom assembly.
MODELS COVERED IN SERVICE MANUAL
- MCM 185R 229 CID (3.8L) - Serial Numbers 6289593 to 6919655
- MCM 185MR 262 CID (4.3L) - Serial Numbers 6919656 to OA483580
- MCM 185 Alpha One - Serial Numbers OA483581 to OB455459
- MCM 175 Alpha One - Serial Numbers OB455460 to OB773242
- MCM 4.3 Liter Alpha One - Serial Numbers OB773243 to OF000000
- Sea Ray (Note 1) 4.3L - 2 Alpha One - Serial Numbers OB785483 to B921276
- MCM 205 MR - Serial Numbers 6919687 to OA483776
- MCM 205 Alpha One - Serial Numbers OA483777 to OB775129
- MCM 4.3 Liter LX Alpha One - Serial Numbers OB775130 to OF000000
- Sea Ray (Note 1) 4.3L - 4 Alpha One - Serial Numbers OB785981 to B922330
Note 1: Sea Ray to MerCruiser cross references are:
- 4.3L-2 same as MCM 4.3L
- 4.3L-4 same as MCM 4.3L LX
This manual is intended for use by technicians who already possess the basic knowledge and skills to service MerCruiser motors and components. Persons without such knowledge and skills should attempt with caution to service any component or engine by relying on this manual only. Never attempt to perform any work with out the assistance of this service manual.
Apprentice mechanics or do-it-yourself mechanics that don't have the proper tools and equipment may or may not be able to properly perform the services described in this manual. Improper repair may result in injury to the mechanic and may render the engine or sterndrive unit unsafe for the boat operator and passengers. Never attempt to work on your MerCruiser sterndrive unit or engine without a manual. Important safety precautions, service information and other data may be included.
This manual covers every aspect of repair, from basic maintenance, to complete engine overhaul. The manual appears just like a printed book. Once you download the manual you can save it to your tablet, computer or laptop forever.