TASK IT! (General Edition - Automatically create and add Outlook task items from word document content via new toolbar / ribbon icon)
Buy and Download >
TASK IT! is a custom Task Management solution deployed as a MS Office Add-in that allows you to instantly add single items or a group of items to your MS Outlook task list from within MS Word. This invaluable add-in is a great project management and productivity tool for an individual or organization. \
Consider the following scenarios:
1) You have a sharepoint task list extracted to a document. Use TASK IT! to sync the tasks that are assigned to you to your MS Outlook task list!
2) You have a document containing things to do. Use TASK IT! to select a range of items and instantly add them as individual MS Outlook task list items (with reminders!)
3) You have a mobile device connected to your MS Outlook exchange account. Use TASK IT! to instantly add items to your MS Outlook tasks and have them pushed to your mobile device.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TASK IT!
1) Download the zip folder and extract the contents (TASKIT.dot) to your MS Word startup folder location.
2) The TASK IT icon will then be made available on the Toolbar/Ribbon under "Add-Ins".
HOW TO USE TASK IT:
a) From any word document, select any string of text and then click the TASK IT icon from the Ribbon's Add-Ins tab>Single Item (this will add that string of text as an Outlook task)
b) In addition, you can also add a column of items that exist in a word table as individual Outlook tasks by placing cursor within the first row of the column and clicking the TASK IT icon from the Ribbon's Add-Ins tab>Multiple items (this will add each item within the column as an Outlook task)
c) From the options menu, you can declare a prefix for the tasks, reminder configurations and when the task should begin/end.