Chapelry & Church of Saddleworth
by Alfred J. Howcroft, 1915
An interesting account of the history of the Chapelry of Saddleworth, on the borders of Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Includes chapters on the ancient parish of Whalley, the township of Quick, lists of vicars, curates and churchwardens, charities and endowments, nonconformists etc.
Accompanied by 12 illustrations.
A digital version of the original book, in PDF format. Viewable on any computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader Anguline Research Archives