Loewe, Butler and Walker - Caesar - Bellum Helveticum - A Gram
Duration 15 hours 40 minutes
This material is suitable for intermediate students of Latin.
1. This edition contains the audio for Lowe, Butler and Walker's introductory text for Caesar.
2. The text covers Book One of Caesar's Gallic War, from Chapter 1 to chapter 28.
3. Lowe's text is numbered from 000 to 106
4. The Vocabulary audio is taken from Cannon's Caesar, and contains all the vocabulary in audio for book one of De Bello Gallico. Each word is read in Latin-English-Latin.
5. The English literal translation is provided in audio, and is contained in the files numbered 1001 to 1029, This is a literal rendition of the text.
Lowe's text contains much grammatical information, and the audio ideally needs to be used in conjunction with the printed text. This is a comprehensive and extensive textbook, which also lays down an overview of Latin grammar. The text contains a full Latin syntax, which is not read out in audio, but which might be useful for the student to consult.
The English literal translation is to be found in the files numbered 1001 to 1029. It might be useful for a beginning student to listen to the English, before looking at the Latin, so thathe or she is more of less familiar with the text before attempting to learn it.
The vocabulary files are intended to consolidate what you know, and can be listened to before starting the material, or occasionally, to refresh the memory.