Julius Caesar Common-Core Aligned Activity Bundle With Asessments and Graphic Organizer
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!" Conspiracy? A plot to over through the government? Talk about backstabbing! Julius Caesar is an ambitious, Roman politician who dreams of becoming Rome''s supreme leader. Unfortunately for him, his senators have other plans for him Et tu Brute? William Shakespeare writes about politics betrayal and revenge and Simply Novel takes you step by step through the malicious plot to assassinate the world''s most powerful leader.
Bloom''s Taxonomy helps close learning gaps and allows time to analyze complex elements. Post-activities and graphic organizers give students opportunities to demonstrate proficiency. With Simply Novel, William Shakespeare''s Julius Caesar simply becomes a historical tragedy that is no longer Greek to you!
Classroom tested, student approved!
Simply Novel''s Julius Caesar CD includes 106 slides, which take you into, through and beyond William Shakespeare''s play about the conspiracy against the Roman dictator and his assassination.
- Identify the author of The Tragedy of Julius Caesar
- Examine historical events
- Examine the Globe Theater
- Identify Elements of a Play
- Identify Literary Elements
- Examine the Structure of a Shakespearean Tragedy
- Distinguish the Play''s Genre
- Identify the Themes of the Play
- Identify the Setting of the Play
- Identify the Characters in the Story
- Identify and Prepare for the Essay Prompt
- Read and Interpret the Play
- Demonstrate and Apply Knowledge
Simply Novel''s Julius Caesar Graphic Organizers includes 10 pages of reproducible graphic organizers to support the Simply Novel Julius Caesar Shakespeare Unit, or simply use them on their own!
- KWL Chart
- Analyze This! Writing Activity
- Analyze This Venn Diagram Activity Sheet
- Predict and Connect Chart
- Identifying Character in Julius Caesar Graphic Organizer
- Trace This! Activity
- You Conspirator! Resume'''' Writing Activity
These activities take students into, through and beyond the tale to support the teaching of the play. It even includes a writing activity!
With Simply Novel''''s Julius Caesar Graphic Organizers it is easy to see what Shakespeare meant when he wrote, "Et tu Brute''''?"