SWINGIN' LATIN JAZZ Various Artists (2002) (RMST) (RCA RECORDS) (12 TRACKS) 320 Kbps MP3 ALBUM
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
SWINGIN'' LATIN JAZZ Various Artists (2002) (RMST) (RCA RECORDS) (12 TRACKS) 320 Kbps MP3 ALBUM
Various Artists (2002) (RMST) (RCA RECORDS) (12 TRACKS)
Swingin'' Latin Jazz
SWINGIN'' LATIN JAZZ is Rca Records'' 2002, 12 track jazz compilation originally recorded between 1954 & 1960 in New York City and Hollywood, CA. Not just for the Jazz enthusiast but for anyone who enjoys listening to great playing, SWINGIN'' LATIN JAZZ brings together a master list of musicians, band leaders and master showmen from an era when Big Bands were "Cookin" and Latin Jazz was on the menu. Digitally remastered, these tracks feature the great talents of Tito Puente, Mongo Santamaria, Perez Prado, Doc Severinsen, Willie Bobo, Shorty Rogers, plus many great musicians that were part of that Latin Big Band Movement of the time.
These remarkable, all original RCA recordings feature great performances that still sound as fresh today as they did back when they were originally released. Without a doubt when you sit back and listen to these tracks you will be able to enjoy the level of musicanship that was prominent throughout that entire era.
Personnel: Tommy Tedesco (guitar); Gene Quill, Herb Geller, Bud Shank (alto saxophone); Marty Holmes, Bill Holman, Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone); Doc Severinsen (trumpet); Shorty Rogers (flugelhorn); Eddie Bert, Frank Rosolino (trombone); Eddie Cano (piano); Larry Bunker (vibraphone); Leo Acosta, Shelly Manne (drums); Modesto Duran, Jack Costanzo, Mongo Santamaría, Carlos Mejía (congas); Ray Rivera, Willie Bobo, Carlos Vidal (bongos); Eddie Aparicio (timbales).
Recorded between 1954 & 1960.
1. Night Hawk (TITO PUENTE & HIS ORCHESTRA) - 2:31
2. Algo Sabroso (Something Tasty) (EDDIE CANO & HIS SEXTET) - 4:18
3. Lullaby Of Birdland (PÉREZ PRADO) - 4:05
4. Yesterdays (EDDIE CANO & HIS SEXTET) - 4:15
5. Un Poco Loco, (SHORTY ROGERS & HIS ALL STAR AFRO-CUBAN JAZZ ORCHESTRA) - 3:38
6. The Late, Late Scene (TITO PUENTE & HIS ORCHESTRA) - 2:52
7. A Night In Tunisia (EDDIE CANO & HIS SEXTET) - 3:06
8. Manteca (THE BIG BAND OF SHORTY ROGERS) - 9:05
9. Deep In A Drum (EDDIE CANO & HIS SEXTET) - 5:26
10. Ican (TONY MARTINEZ & HIS SEXTET) - 3:02
11. Exstasy (EDDIE CANO & HIS SEXTET) - 2:26
12. Leo''s Special (PÉREZ PRADO) - 5:04
Produced by Anthony Gonzales.