The Other Side of Mexico, DVD, Worldwide Travel Films
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
The Other Side of Mexico
Filmed and produced by Fran and Brooke Reidelberger
Scripted and narrated by Fran Reidelberger
The central highlands from Mexico City to Colima are known to savvy travelers as the GÇ£Land of Eternal SpringGÇ¥. In this all new digital production, filmmakers Fran and Brooke Reidelberger explore this special part of our southern neighbor far from the daily headlines. Ancient Aztec ruins, colonial silver towns, modern retirement meccas for adventurous gringos, colorful markets older than America, the real Tequila, arts and crafts, festivals, rodeos, GÇ£dancingGÇ¥ dogs, volcanoes and a butterfly heaven at 11,000 feet.
All of this, plus the incredible people are part of GÇ£The Other Side of MexicoGÇ¥.
- Ancient and modern sections of Mexico City;
- Aztec pyramids at Teotihuac+ín;
- P+ítzcuaro and other Michoac+ín villages with their diverse arts and crafts, including copper, \catrina\" dolls and wooden masks;
- The story of Christ''s life on earth, hand painted on the ceiling of a tiny 16th Century church;
- MexicoGÇÖs highest fresh water lake and the net fishermen of Janitzio Island;
- Dance of \"The Little Old Men\" in the small village of Capacuaro;
- Highway 120 through the Sierra Gorda mountains, the beginning of the Mission Trail and a fanciful GÇ£gardenGÇ¥ created by a mad Englishman;
- The artists of San Miguel de Allende and its large North American population;
- Guanajuato with its tunnels, trams and strolling troubadours.
- Guadalajara''s modern facilities and mariachi bands;
- Mexico''s largest fresh water lake, Lake Chapala, and the towns of Chapala, Ajijic and Jocotopec with their large number of North American retirees;
- The south side of Lake Chapala, where acres of raspberries are cultivated and flocks of white pelicans spend the winter;
- The town of Tequila and the uniquely Mexican beverage of the same name;
- Fourteen generations of knife makers in Sayula;
- A rollicking Mexican rodeo (not bullfighting!);
- Tranquil Colima with its active volcano;and
- The winter home of millions of Monarch butterflies.