Wordpress is your simple and easy way to set up a blog with minimal programming requirements. Wordpress gives you a plethora of themes, theme resources, and the ability to use images, and various blog designs and layouts. Wordpress and high-end blogging tools like it can simplify the arduous process of setting up a blog or blogging system. Wordpress is VERY easy.
Most of us use Wordpress for one simple reason. We use Wordpress to make money. WordPress blogs get better search rankings than other sites. We will explore that in more detail later, but for now just know that there are some search engine advantages to using Wordpress tools. In some ways this tool is only good for those who understand the importance and advantages of blogging. Blogging is a form of website promotion and information sharing that can have very strong business implications.
Wordpress is built to W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. These features make Wordpress code easier
to manage and easier to render in standards-compliant browsers. Non-compliant browsers are made compliant with only a few changes. Wordpress websites also have some very positive features like themes, noncompiling changes to the website and the ability to utilize plugins. The most positive factor in the Wordpress utility is that you do not need to know php. With many blogging systems you often need to know how to program.
Wordpress has the potential to be the perfect tool for your business to generate an average level of traffic to a central website. The relative advantages are:
1) You dont have to know php.
2) You dont have to know how to program at all.
3) You dont need to use the Wordpress hosting service. Although this is offered, it is not necessary.
4) Wordpress has aggregator support for standard RSS configurations. This has already been done with Atom.
5) Wordpress automatically connects and configures with MySQL with virtually no effort.
6) Being built to standards increases Wordpresss longevity and future internet adoption.
7) Wordpress automatically imports images.
8) The Wordpress template has built-in links added in the template.
9) Wordpress allows for the customization of metadata.
10) Wordpress allows customized styling for printing.
11) Wordpress allows the administrator to design headlines.
12) Wordpress allows for categories.
13) Wordpress allows for customization of the sidebar.
14) Wordpress allows for customized RSS Feeds.
15) Wordpress allows for customized forms.
16) Wordpress allows for basic blogging posts.
17) Wordpress allows archiving for posts.
18) Wordpress allows for contacts in the template.
19) Wordpress allows for an about page.
20) Wordpress allows for the styling lists and is built with CSS.
Table of Contents:
Why Wordpress (v Blogger)
How to install a Wordpress blog
Best free template resources
Best paid-for template resources
Wordpress plugins basics
Wordpress plugins how to install
Wordpress plugins best free resources
Wordpress plugins best paid for resources
Wordpress: An Incredibly Powerful Blogging system is delivered in PDF format and is viewable on any computer. All you need is "Adobe Reader" or "Acrobat eBook Reader" which is available free and already on most computers. If you do not have it installed on your computer, Please Click here to get the software. They are both Free.