Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Since the birth of this nation, lighthouses have played an important roll in our history. This comprehensive look at some of the most important, breathtaking and unusual structures that guard the waters edge illustrates the beauty, the evolution and the necessity for the lighthouses that have been called, America’s castles.
Explore the history of some of the oldest lighthouses along the shores of the Atlantic coast. Learn about the lighthouses that not only served but survived the harsh winters that the Great Lakes are famous for. See the Lights of southern California and continue up the Pacific coast stopping at lighthouses in Oregon and Washington State.
Some of the highlights found in this program are:
- Minots Ledge, probably the most improbable lighthouse and an engineering feat to marvel at today.
- The Lighthouses of New York Harbor.
- Cape Hatteras in North Carolina, the tallest lighthouse in the U.S.
- Tybee Island, St. Augustine and other lighthouses along Georgia and Florida’s Atlantic coast.
- Tails of shipwrecks and majestic views of Great Lakes’ lighthouses like Whitefish Point, Marble Head, Toledo Light, Presque Isle, Cana Island, Stannard’s Rock and Split Rock Light Station.
- Point Loma Lighthouse, south of San Diego.
- Point Fermin Light, one of LA’s classic structures.
- The East Brother Light in San Francisco Bay.
- Heceta Head Light in Oregon and the ghostly occupants within.
- Visit Cape Disappointment in Washington and learn about its fascinating past.
This one hour all-encompassing anthology of United States lighthouses includes rare photos, live-footage from remote locations across the nation and exclusive interviews with maritime experts and lighthouse keepers. Enjoy the fascinating, informative and sometimes spooky stories about these Icons of America.