Venezuela, with its 43 national parks and 21 national monuments, is a South American treasure house of biodiversity. After savoring cosmopolitan Caracas, we explore six Venezuelan regions each noted for its unique environment. Join us as we visit these extraordinary sights:
- Henri Pittier National Park, extending from the cloud forest of the Andean foothills to the cacao plantations and beaches of the Caribbean coast.
- The Andes region, with its colonial towns, high elevation national parks and one of the world''s most thrilling cable car adventures.
- Overland to the ranchlands of the Ilanos (plains) of the Orinoco River where wildlife is especially abundant.
- Jungle camps in the Amazonas province.
- The Guiana Highlands, with its flat topped mountains and its many waterfalls, including Angel Falls, the highest in the world.
- Los Roques, a cluster of beautiful coral islands set in the emerald waters of the Caribbean Sea.