Hawaii America's Polynesia
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Born of volcanic fires and lava, the Hawaiian Islands are the summits of a great volcanic mountain range which stretches nearly 2,000 miles across the ocean floor.
Third largest and best known, Oahu, is traditionally the first landing place for visitors and site of Honolulu, Waikiki, Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor.
Maui, second largest in the chain, is the site of Haleakala (house of the Sun), an immense dormant volcano, and the old, once-lusty whaling port of Lahaina.
On Kauai is the wettest spot on Earth and the island is noted for its lush foliage. The island of Hawaii is the easternmost island of the chain. It is the southernmost point in the United States and is nearly twice as large as the other seven islands combined, appropriately called the “ Big Island” or the “ Orchid Island.” Here is the state’s highest mountain, Mauna Kea. Here too, within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, are Mauna Loa and Kilauea, both very live volcanoes in one of the world’s most spectacularly active volcanic areas.
Every island has good public swimming beaches. Scuba divers and snorkelers delight exploring Hawaii’s colorful offshore reefs. Catamarans and outriggers add an island flavor to sailing.
• Oahu Island, Waikiki, Outrigger Canoes, Surfing: a beach wedding
• The Arizona Memorial, A tragic moment in history
• Hanauma Bay, A popular underwater preserve
• Nuumanu Pali, Historic site and wind funnel
• Waimea Valley and Falls, Some “old Time Hawaii”
• The Polynesian Cultural Center, Five worlds of Polynesia
• Hawaii Island, Kailua/Kona, Hawaii’s play port
• Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, A lava flow into the sea
• Maui Island, Kahalui Port, North Shore windsurfing
• The Road to Hana, 54 one-lane bridges and breathtaking views
• Lahaina City, The old whaling port, A sugar cane train
• Molokini, Clear water and thousands of fish
• Kauai Island, Nawiliwili Harbor and a cruise ship
• Poipu, The Garden Island’s Garden Spot
• A Helicopter tour of Waimea Canyon and the NA Pali Coast
• Hanalei, A city beneath the Wettest Spot on Earth