Clint Denn's Egypt's Treasures and Cruising the Nile
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
The majesty of Egypt has long enticed travelers. Join Clint and Sue Denn as they cruise the historic Nile River, aboard the MS Sonesta Sun Goddess, to discover the mysteries of this cradle of civilization.
Alexandria, once the second city of the Roman Empire, sparkles against the Mediterranean Sea. We will visit Pompey’s Pillar, the remains of the Serapeum Temple and the Roman Amphitheater. We also see the site of the ancient great library which has been restored to a state of the art research center.
In Cairo, we explore the city’s rich cultural heritage. Old Cairo’s Khan el Khalili Bazaar offers a step back in time and a shopper’s paradise. We will visit the beautiful Muhammed Ali Mosque and the ancient Citadel. In Memphis, we will see the Ramses II statue and Hathor Temple, then on to the world’s oldest pyramid, Zoser Step Pyramid. The Pyramids of Giza, the only remaining member of the Seven Wonders of the World, are the most famous monuments of ancient Egypt. The mysterious Great Sphinx presides over the Giza necropolis.
At Luxor, we will begin our cruise along the Nile River, where people are still farming the same crops in the same way as their ancestors. Luxor contains the largest collection of historical monuments in Egypt. We will visit ancient Thebes and the Valley of the Kings (an UNESCO World Heritage Site), the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Karnak and, of course, the incredible Temple of Luxor. Between Luxor and Aswan we will view the Temple of Horus at Edfu. On a high dune overlooking the Nile, experience the grandeur of the Temple of Kom Ombo. We stop in Aswan, Egypt’s door to Africa, to visit Aswan High Dam. Farther north, Abu Simbel is home to the giant monument built by Ramses II in tribute to wife Nefertari.
- Alexandria: Pompey’s Pillar, Library, Fort Qaitbey, city, beaches, fish market
- Cairo: Muhammed Ali Mosque, Coptic Church, agriculture, Ramses Museum Alabaster Sphinx, “Khan” Bazaar, Papyrus making, Zoser Step Pyramid, Karnak Temple, Giza Pyramids and Sound &Light Show
- Luxor: Local village, Luxor Temple, Hatshepsut Temple, Alabaster shop, Valley of the Kings tombs
- Cruising the Nile: A ship “race”, agriculture, floating merchants, river lockage, life aboard ship
- Edfu: A carriage ride, Temple of Edfu, shipboard luncheon, Nile views
- Kom Ombo: Busy port, local music, Temple of Kom Ombo
- Aswan: Unfinished Obelisk, Great Aswan Dam, flight north, Ramses II Colossus, A felucca sail on the Nile River
- Abu Simbel: Great Temple, Temple of Hathor