Exploring Horizons A World Apart - Osa Peninsula
The Osa Peninsula is located on Costa Rica’s South Pacific coast, a lavish and wildly beautiful paradise considered to be the country’s last frontier. This region contains the largest expanse of virgin rainforest in Central America, which in turn is home to thriving biodiversity. Due to sheer isolation, human inhabitants are few and an open cockpit perspective reveals the full glory of this vast untouched wilderness. Exploring the live jungle by moonlight, discovering the thriving underwater world, and meeting the people who strive to maintain the conservation of their land, this show explores the unique balance of man and nature that is the essence of this sacred place.
- Take off for an open cockpit flight over the lush jungle canopy
- Discover the vibrant underworld of Cano Island
- Ride a jungle trail on horseback to the land of Green Treasure
- Experience life in isolation with the Reinaldo family
- Meet the creatures of the night on a moonlit jungle tour
- Explore the wild life in Central Americas’ primary rainforest
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.