Exploring Horizons In Place of Wonder - Queen Charlotte Islands British Columbia, Canada
Far off British Columbia''s northwest coast lie a string of islands referred to as the Galapagos of Canada. Abundant with wildlife, intensely beautiful and extremely remote, the Queen Charlotte Islands are one of North America''s richest biological sites. Perspectives in this show take us from the cockpit of the E-Z Flyer, soaring high above the cloudy peaks of the mountain chain, to deep in the rain forest, where a nomadic tribe of mushroom pickers live and work under a canopy of filtered light. This is an ancient land, and despite the damage inflicted by a century of logging, one which is in a constant state of regeneration.
- Test the wild winds in the open cockpit E-Z Flyer
- Touch down by helicopter at the remains of a ghostly, century-old logging camp
- Learn the secrets of the Salmon Safari
- Discover the carving artistry of the Haida Gwaii people
- Experience freedom in a mushroom picker''s paradise
- Soak up the sunset, 4x4''ing on North Beach
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.
Direct Link: http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=908543