Exploring Horizons Where Time Stands Still - Labrador Canada
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Labrador is one of the last great frontiers on earth, 300,000 square kilometers of wilderness, where caribou outnumber humans ten to one. An international Air Force Base was established in Happy Valley during World War II, and despite its impact, life in the local aboriginal community has remained virtually the same for centuries. This show explores both these worlds, through tours of the base and a guided canoe trip upriver to a native community. It also reveals a path to the unreachable places, by helicopter to spectacular Crystal Falls, and into total wilderness to the wreckage of a B36 Bomber, a ghostly reminder of the steep price of isolation.
- Take a seat in a Tornado jet, courtesy of the Luftwaffe
- Paddle with a local legend to Mudd Lake
- Walk among an untouchable crash site and discover the eerie remains of the biggest Bomber of WWII
- Explore the narrow canyons of Crystal Falls by helicopter
- Tour a Native artist''s Labradorite workshop
- Soar into big sky country in the open cockpit E-Z Flyer
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.