Build an iPhone or iPad App that Uses Bluetooth to Create a Peer to Peer Connection for Player Versus Player Games
This tutorial teaches you how to build a Universal App from scratch which will search for other nearby iOs Devices, connect to them and then enable play against an opponent in a Street-Fighter-style game. This is the foundation of any number of possible Peer to Peer apps and much of what is taught in this lesson was used to create the instructor's own app, Street Cat Fighter.
- Setup the project as a Universal App
- Use the Peer to Peer Picker to find other devices
- Create a GameKit Session to send game related data back and forth
- Use NSString variables so you can have dynamic names for the characters and their related poses
- Use NSTimers to send data, move/ flip the characters, change poses, or detect collisions
- Also discussed: NSData, NSNotifications, Gesture Recognizers, IBActions, and tons more!
As always the tutorial movie is in high definition, and the XCode source files are included. This course was taught by Justin Dike, owner and lead instructor at CartoonSmart.