Interface Control Document
Interface Control Document Template
An Interface Control Document (ICD) describes the relationship between system components in terms of data items and messages passed, protocols observed and timing and sequencing of events. Interface control documents are a key element of systems engineering as they define and control the interface(s) of a system, and thereby bound its requirements.
Use this template to:
1. Describe the interface(s) to a system or subsystem.
2. Describe the inputs and outputs of a single system, the interface between two systems, the interface protocol from the lowest physical elements to the highest logical levels.
3. Describe how to access the functions and services provided by a system via an interface.
4. Include information about the size, format, and data.
5. Provide a structured way to communicate information about subsystems interfaces between different design teams.
Table of Contents
1.3 System identification
1.4 Operational agreement
2. Interface definition
2.1 System overview
2.2 Interface overview
2.4 Data transfer
2.5 Transaction types
2.6 Data exchanges
2.7 Precedence and criticality
2.8 Communications methods
2.9 Performance requirements
3. Interface Requirements
3.1 Interface # Requirements
3.2 Interface # Requirements
4 Interface Verification
5 Interface Control
What's included in the template pack
The templates are in Microsoft Word and can be downloaded online for only $4.99. The template pack includes the following document:
Interface Control Document Template x 17 pages
60-day Money-Back Guarantee
Secure Online Order Form
Supports Windows 98, Me, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista.
Q: What file formats are the templates?
A: Microsoft Word.
Q: How soon can I download them?
A: IMMEDIATELY. After you pay online, you are automatically sent to a page where you can download the templates online.
Need to know more?
Drop me a line at ivan at klariti dot com and I'll get back to you asap.