Bond and Fixed Income Investing
Covers all angles of bond investing including :
- Which are safer? Banks or money market mutual funds? (You'd be surprised!)
- What money market funds offer that banks can't
- Are fixed annuities good investments?
- The biggest risk facing bondholders (It's not credit!)
- How to really make money in bonds
- Is the dollar "As good as gold"?
- When's the absolute worst time to buy bonds?
- Are the new inflation-indexed bonds a good deal?
- What's the best predictor of a bond's total return?
- Why a bond's duration is so important
- Can you time the bond market?
- The bond investor's biggest enemy
- Who gets what when an issuer goes bankrupt? (Guess who's at the front of the line?!)
- How are junk bonds less risky than many US Treasury bonds?
- A drawback to investing in junk bonds that has nothing to do with risk
- Who should (and shouldn't) invest in preferred stock?
- Foreign bonds : An easy way to get higher yields?
- The big mistake made by a Stanford MBA - CPA when planning for his early retirement
- Where's the "sweet spot" for bond investors?
- When to never invest in municipal bonds
- And more...(80 min., ISBN 1-889297-15-1, copyright 1997)