Troubleshooting Motor Circuits - V4 TMC Download
Contents and Screen shots - Career Technical Center Review
|Troubleshooting - Electrical Motor Control Circuits Course|
This award-winning electrical training program builds on the Basic Techniques program. Here, you will troubleshoot a motor control circuit consisting of a reversing motor controlled garage door. This circuit contains such components as limit switches, three phase reversing motor starter, push buttons, step down transformer, and safety switch. Elementary wiring and connection wiring diagrams will be needed to use to troubleshoot 28 faults of varying difficulty. The program contains sections to describe how the circuit works as well as how to use the troubleshooting tools. The program evaluates the time and money spent to solve the fault and records all the steps performed to solve the fault. This can be used for later analysis of your troubleshooting approach.
- Safely learn to troubleshoot Motor Control Circuits
- Highly realistic simulation of a reversing Motor Control Circuit
- Practical hands-on approach with 24 faults to solve
- Use an expert''s experience to improve your troubleshooting approach
- Assess your Troubleshooting Skill
- Review your progress and approach with a built in reporting system
- Highly realistic simulation - The simulation behaves as the real circuit would. You can remove wires, operate any controls, and the circuit will behave appropriately. This is a true simulation!
- Realistic Tools. While using Troubleshooting - Motor Control Circuits you are able to perform virtually every operation used on real equipment including:
- operating the circuit
- locking out the circuit
- taking voltage and resistance readings
- opening connections
- replacing components and wiring
- using the observe feature you can even check for visual or other clues to the cause of the fault
- A fully simulated door lock circuit is available to practice your troubleshooting skills.
- Schematics and wiring diagrams can be viewed on screen or printed out to help you understand the circuit and eventually track down problem areas to solve faults.
- A section is included to guide you through the troubleshooting process using three sample faults.
- Twenty four faults to solve with three levels of difficulty.
- Tips when you are really stuck!
- The program evaluates your performance - time and dollars spent to repair the fault are tracked and you must meet the set criteria for the fault or try it again.
- An automatic reporting system is also included which generates a progress report including every step made while trouble-shooting the fault.
- Thorough instructions and tips on using the program allowing it to be used as a totally self-taught, self-paced program or as part of a troubleshooting course.
- Adminstration tools and program guides are available for Instructors.
- Additional faults are available for this V4 version.
Who Can Benefit
Both college students and apprentices find these programs increase both their skills and confidence when troubleshooting electrical circuits. Seasoned electrical and maintenance personnel also benefit by refining their reasoning process and increasing the effectiveness of their troubleshooting skills, resulting in reduced downtime of equipment.