This award winning basic electrical training program teaches a proven systematic troubleshooting approach called the "Five Step Troubleshooting Approach." The process is explained using electrical circuit simulation, animated graphics and text. Once familiar with the troubleshooting techniques you can work through a section that guides you through this troubleshooting process on a simple lighting circuit. You can then try to troubleshoot 20 faults on the lighting circuit. Some are common faults when wiring lights, others not so common. Here the time and dollars used to solve the fault will be measured and evaluated. The program also records all the steps performed to solve the faults for later analysis of your troubleshooting approach.
- Highly realistic simulation - The simulation behaves as the real circuit would. You can remove wires, operate any controls, and the circuit will behave appropriately. This is a true simulation!
- While using this electrical training program you are able to perform virtually every operation used on real equipment including:
- operating the circuit
- locking out the circuit
- taking voltage and resistance readings
- opening connections
- replacing components
- using the observe feature you can even check for visual or other clues to help solve the fault
- viewing schematic and wiring diagrams while troubleshooting the circuit
- 20 faults are available to provide adequate practice to develop your troubleshooting skills
- The Troubleshooting Techniques sections teaches a systematic troubleshooting approach
- The program assesses your skill by evaluating your use of time and materials to solve the fault.
- A log of the your steps taken while solving the faults, is available for later analysis.
- A section is available to guide you through the troubleshooting process on a sample fault.
- Animations and narrations are used to describe how the circuit works and how to use the tools.
- Thorough instructions and tips on using the program allow it to be used as a totally self taught, self-paced program or as part of a troubleshooting course.
- Once the user has successfully completed all the faults they can print out their certificate.
- Administration tools and program guides are available for Instructors.
- Additional faults are available for this version.
Who Can Benefit
Both college students and apprentices find these programs increase both their skills and confidence when troubleshooting electrical circuits. Seasoned electrical and maintenance personnel also benefit by refining their reasoning process and increasing the effectiveness of their troubleshooting skills, resulting in reduced downtime of equipment.
Please click for multiple Workstations and Network Editions and special school pricing.
See Workstation, Network, LMS, SCORM, AICC