The Guitar Sourcebook
The ultimate Guitar Bible. Packed with information to get you playing great guitar in no time. Includes performance pieces.
It is intended for students of the guitar who may know nothing about music, as an introduction to practical music theory and guitar method. It is also an excellent reference for more advanced students as a source book for practical and compositional ideas.
In addition, it is a great source book for the guitar tutor who can use it as a highly effective teaching aid, and can use each page as a summary of a focused lesson.
The guitar player will benefit from this book by:
• learning how to play any chord or scale in any position on the fingerboard
• gaining an understanding of musical principles as they relate to the guitar
• learning the reasons behind why some aspects of music sound better than others
• learning how to compose and structure a piece of music within a key
• being able to analyze a piece of music and understand melodic and harmonic movement
• gaining an understanding of chord substitutions and the relationships between notes, sounds and keys
• improving playing technique
• increasing their enjoyment of the instrument by expanding musical possibilities