Washington's Headquarters at Coryell's Ferry (New Jersey)
by Capt. Richmond C. Holcomb | NJHS 1926 | 8pp | PDF 174K | $2.00 | B2
On the east bank of the Delaware River at the crossing of the Old York Road, stands the Holcombe House, twice used by Washington as his headquarters during the Revolution. The article discusses the Holcombe family and other early settlers of the area as well as Washington''s correspondence from his headquarters in 1777 and 1778.