Buccleuch (New Brunswick, New Jersey)
by William H. Benedict | NJHS 1921 | 11pp/photo | PDF 206K | $2.00 | A1
This historic mansion, built about 1739, is a well-preserved specimen of colonial architecture, which is now a museum owned by the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey. The occupation of the home was consistently military, including a brief period during which it was the headquarters of a British regiment during the Revolution. The presentation discusses the successive owners of the home, their families, inlcuding a detailed genealogy of Col. Joseph Warren Scott (1778-1871).