Documentation Plan Template
This Documentation Plan describes how technical documentation will be prepared, delivered and distributed. This is also known as an Information Development (ID) Plan.
Use this template to:
- Identify the content, format, page count, size etc for each document in your next publication cycle
- Prepare cost estimates for the project duration
- Schedule resources to meet the documentation requirements
- Have greater control over your budget and ensure that risks and issues are addressed before starting the writing phase
- Identify the necessary tools/licenses/PC configuration etc
- Ensure documents are scoped correctly with the appropriate level of detail
FREE Work Breakdown Structure Template
FREE Responsibility Matrix Template
Table of Contents
The Documentation Plan includes the following sections:
1.4 Target Audience
1.6 Current sources of information
2. Resource Requirements
2.1 Writers requirements
3.3 Resource Requirements
3.4 Resource Plan
3.5 Documentation Schedule
4.2 Book Specifications
4.3 Online Help Specifications
4.4 Error Messages Specifications
4.5 List of Final Deliverables
4.6 Printing, Packaging, and Distribution
60-day Money-Back Guarantee
Secure Online Order Form
Supports Word 97-2007 and Mac
Q: What file formats are the templates?
A: Microsoft Word.
Q: How soon can I download them?
A: Immediately. After you pay online, you are automatically sent an email which includes a link to the templates.
Q: What is the End User License Agreement?
A: You can read the License Agreement here
If you have any questions, please email me at ivan at klariti dot com and I'll get back to you asap.