Have you always wanted to play the Guitar? With Guitar All-in-One For Dummies you can start today. Covering both acoustic and electric Guitar, this hands-on resource gives you all the instruction you need to play across multiple genres, whether you're a beginner or an experienced guitarist. You'll find plenty of tips for playing easier and more complex pieces — and for composing your own. Plus, you can play along with examples on the bonus CD.
- Gear up to start playing — understand the different parts of a guitar, find the right guitar for you, string and tune the instrument, and develop basic playing skills
- Immerse yourself in sounds and technique — play major and minor chords, master left- and right-hand techniques, and play melodies in position and double-stops.
- Get ready to rock — from Chuck Berry to Keith Richards to The Edge, see how the best play barre chords, hot licks, and sweet leads.
- Play the blues — explore rhythm and lead techniques, signature riffs, blues progressions, and the achievements of great blues guitarists.
- Go classical — learn about the history of classical guitar, combine arpeggios and melody, and sample different genres.
- Practice, practice, practice — try your hand at major scales, minor scales, and chord exercises to rev up stalled skills.
- Write songs and music — check out different song forms, understand modes, and compose with chords.