ORG 812 Week 7 Virtual Distance
Leaders play an important role in the structure of organizations. Today, we are faced with a new reality of leadership, that of Virtual Distance. This assignment will look at how structure shapes organizations and will focus on the virtual organizational elements. Using Lojeski's Virtual Distance Leadership Model, you will discuss how this model can be applied to an organization and what the leaders role will be.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word paper that addresses the structure of organizations with a focus on virtual distance. Include the following in your paper:
1. Explain how leaders can use structure to shape the culture, ethical values, and build trust in co-located and in virtual organizations
2. Describe the forces that drive the need for strategic organizational change and the leader's role in implementing culture, strategy, and structural change
3. Describe Lojeski's Virtual Distance Leadership Model.
4. Analyze how virtual leadership has changed the landscape of organizational structure and the leader's role?