CIS 296 Week 3 Individual: IT Strategy Guide – Hardware Reference Guide
Your organization has also asked you to research best practices in hardware maintenance and setup.
Based on your Learning Team collaboration, create a Microsoft® Word document that would be used as a quick reference guide in setting up, maintaining, and supporting your organization’s hardware resources.
Research online for an instructional resource addressing each bullet point below. These can include articles, whitepapers, how-to guides, tutorial videos, etc.
Summarize and describe the key points for each link, in roughly 50 to 100 words each. Include both the link and the summary for each of the 9 topics below:
- Use built-in diagnostics and monitoring
- Differentiate between motherboard components
- Compare and contrast RAM types and features
- Install and configure expansion cards, storage devices and appropriate media
- Differentiate among various CPU types and features
- Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose
- Set up and deploy a computer/laptop/mobile device using a known imaging process or software
- Install various computer peripherals
- Explain the importance of hardware maintenance
Include references, and citations if necessary, for all online resources used.
Follow APA formatting guidelines for any works cited.
Submit your hardware reference guide using the Assignment Files tab.