CIS 296 Week 2 Individual: IT Strategy Guide – Operating Systems Business Proposal
Your company is now looking to potentially adopt a new operating system. You have been asked to create a business proposal to select a suitable operating system, describe it, and outline how to maintain it.
Utilizing your Learning Team collaboration, create a 2- to 3-page proposal in Microsoft®Word. Structure this as a proposal, rather than a research paper, with the intent being to convince the audience of your chosen operating system and its benefits.
At a minimum, include the following for this proposal:
- Compare Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® operating systems
- Explain the difference between closed and open source operating systems
- For the selected operating system:
- Outline the fundamentals of computer software configuration, file management, safety, recovery and security
- Outline common troubleshooting situations and proper procedures to fix them
- Explain the importance of maintenance and proper updates
Follow APA formatting guidelines.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.