QNT 275 Week 2 Activity Data Set
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Data Set
Review the following business scenario:
You are the manager in a small town in the lake district of a Midwestern state that enjoys a robust tourist season during the summer months but has only a small population of residents during the off season. The Littletown Café adjusts the levels of staff according to the time of year to coincide with the number of guests, with the tourist season typically starting around Memorial Day each year. One wait staff employee can serve 50 guests. When a bus staff employee is added, the pair can serve 75 guests. At 76 guests, the café adds a second wait staff employee, for a total of 2 waiters and one busser. Analysis of guest numbers can support future decisions about scheduling wait staff, dishwashers, and bus staff for the café.
Download the data set.
Review the data in the data set.
Write a brief summary (one paragraph which is 3 to 5 sentences) based on the following:
- Explain why this is (or is not) a suitable sample of quantitative data for the business scenario.
- Display the data set in a simple chart by year. You MUST use a chart to display your results. Not using a Chart will result in an automatic deduction of ONE letter grade
- Calculate the measures of central tendency and variability (mean, median, mode, standard deviation) for the data (for year 2012, year 2013 and year 2014)
- Interpret the measures of central tendency and variability. What are the conclusions you can draw based on the data analysis?
- You must have the answers/calculations for the mean/mode/median and standard deviation present in your assignment for all 3 years. Not including any of these statistical techniques will result in a reduction in grade
- You do NOT need to show your work, just the final answer
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.