Chord Town, private studio license
Chord Town is a creative approach to making beautiful music with chords and patterns. As a pianist and harpist, I am pleased to offer a practical book that is designed for both instruments. After visiting Chord Town, you will come away with a set of valuable skills to enjoy. You could collect lead sheets of favorite songs, figure out tunes by ear, or use your imagination to improvise and compose your own music. Chord Town offers the fundamentals for sounding great and feeling successful with chords and patterns. Have fun on your journey!
Here's what you will cover:
- Common ways to move through the six basic chords in C Major
- Left hands patterns for creating expressive accompaniments
- How to read lead sheets
- How to spice up a melody by adding harmony notes
- How to choose your own chords for a melody
- How to add introductions, endings and interludes
- Learning cadence templates
- Using triads and inversions for "smooth move" chords in the right hand
- Using non-chord tones to dress up a melody
- Using lyrics for rhythmic inspiration
- How to expand a lead sheet with variations
Learn all of these valuable skills using beautiful, familiar tunes like "Red River Valley", "Happy Birthday", "Lavender Blue", "Early One Morning", "Shenendoah", "Morning Has Broken", "The New World Symphony Theme", "Brahms' Lullaby" and "Walzing Matilda".
The private studio license gives you permission to print unlimited copies for the students in your private studio.