HCS 446 Week 3 Bariatric Unit Facility Planning
Imagine that you work with a team of hospital facility designers. An investor has asked your team to design a bariatric unit for the local hospital. As you and your team start to work, you find that the standards for developing a bariatric unit are not as well defined as other units. Your team has several opinions for what this unit may look like and would like to work individually at first to develop more options.
Part 1: Individual Work
Research bariatric units and designing bariatric units in a hospital setting.
Based on your research, create an ideal bariatric facility using ToolWire® MedSpace®. Save your design for use in Part 2 of this assignment.
Part 2: Team Work
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that showcases your team’s facility to the investors. Include the following:
- Analyze essential environmental elements considered when designing a bariatric facility.
- Differentiate the facility equipment and technology use within a bariatric facility.
- Analyze the use of community demographics and accessibility within facility planning for bariatric facilities.
- Explain the importance of creating a facility based on the needs of a patient.
- Include each team member’s ideal bariatric facility in the presentation.
*With faculty approval, students may complete a brochure or a handout.
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title page, detailed speaker notes, and a reference page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.