MGT 498 Week 5 Learning Team Strategic Plan Presentation
Resources: Virtual Organization, Riordan Manufacturing, available through the Virtual Organizations Portal in the eCampus Library (select Riordan Manufacturing from the Business drop-down menu); and your W5 Learning Team Strategic Plan Paper.
Scenario: The board of directors for Riordan Manufacturing has asked your consulting team (i.e., your Learning Team) to present your strategic plan for the organization.
Prepare a convincing and comprehensive presentation of your team’s actionable strategic plan for Riordan Manufacturing, one that would take 20-30 minutes to deliver to the board of directors, including intentional and active board involvement. Being a roleplay, the presentation materials should reflect an appropriate level of business focus and professionalism.
Using Microsoft® PowerPoint®, create a 20-30 slide presentation as a collaborative project, that includes the following:
- An agenda for the presentation.
- A relevant overview of Riordan Manufacturing.
- A brief summary of the strategic management process (i.e., environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, and evaluation and control).
- An assertion regarding why Riordan Manufacturing needs a strategic plan.
- Using relevant specifics from your W5 Learning Team Strategic Plan Paper, address the following topics in the remainder of the presentation:
- Ethical and social responsibility considerations.
- Current competitive advantages.
- Proposed competitive strategies.
- Innovation and sustainability considerations for both domestic and international operations.
- Measurement guidelines to verify ongoing strategic effectiveness.
- Internal dynamic and resource considerations during strategy implementation.
- Long-term business continuity influences.
- Assessment and feedback considerations to determine if anticipated outcomes are being achieved.
- Possible alternative strategies if the strategic plan is not successful, including when they should be considered.
Involve Riordan Manufacturing’s board of directors throughout the presentation by including planned interaction, anticipated board member questions, and planned Learning Team responses, as demonstrated within the presentation’s slide notes.
Format the presentation according to 400-level APA standards (see Writing & Style Guidelines in the eCampus Center for Writing Excellence for assistance). The slide count does not include the title and reference slides.
Note: Individual points earned for this assignment will be, in part, based upon individual contribution, as assessed by instructor.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Learning Team assignment (see Instructor Policies and Grading Rubric for additional details).