MGT 498 Week 5 Learning Team Strategic Plan Paper
Resources: Virtual Organization, Riordan Manufacturing, available through the Virtual Organizations Portal in the eCampus Library (select Riordan Manufacturing from the Business drop-down menu); the course textbook, Concepts in Strategic Management and Business Policy: Achieving Sustainability; and your W4 Learning Team Competitive Advantages Paper.
Scenario: The board of directors for Riordan Manufacturing has asked your consulting team (i.e., your Learning Team) to create a strategic plan for the organization.
Write a 2,500- to 3,500-word strategic plan paper as a collaborative project, that includs the following, that includes the following:
- A relevant overview of Riordan Manufacturing.
- A brief summary of the strategic management process (i.e., environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, and evaluation and control).
- An actionable strategic plan, specifically designed for Riordan Manufacturing, that answers to the following questions:
- Why does Riordan Manufacturing need a strategic plan?
- What role should ethical and social responsibility considerations have in Riordan Manufacturing’s strategic management process?
- What competitive advantages does Riordan Manufacturing currently have?
- What proposed competitive strategies should Riordan Manufacturing utilize to improve innovation and sustainability in both domestic and international operations?
- What measurement guidelines should Riordan Manufacturing use to verify ongoing strategic effectiveness?
- What internal dynamics, along with cultural and structural leadership considerations, should Riordan Manufacturing use when implementing the proposed competitive strategies?
- How will the proposed competitive strategies influence long-term business continuity at Riordan Manufacturing?
- What assessment and feedback controls should be used to determine if Riordan Manufacturing is achieving the strategic plan’s anticipated outcomes?
- If the proposed competitive strategies for Riordan Manufacturing do not achieve the anticipated outcomes, at what point should senior management consider altering this strategic plan, and how?
Explain and justify all of the decisions and recommendation presented in your strategic plan using data collected from Riordan Manufacturing’s Virtual Organization website, and research and understanding learned from this course’s reading materials.
Format your paper according to 400-level APA standards (see Writing & Style Guidelines in the eCampus Center for Writing Excellence for assistance). An abstract is not required, but the paper must include a Conclusion heading. The word count does not include the title and reference pages.
Note: Individual points earned for this assignment will be, in part, based upon individual contribution, as assessed by instructor.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Learning Team assignment (see Instructor Policies and Grading Rubric for additional details).