ISCOM 370 Week 5 Riordan Part 2: Electric Fan Supply Chain Sourcing
SEE Week 1 Individual assignment SAMPLE PAPER and GRADING RUBRIC and the course INSTRUCTOR POLICIES FOR GRADING EXPECTATIONS for the whole class.
Continue to review the Riordan Supply Chain Virtual Organization and their Electric Fan Operations.
- Document Riordan’s electric fan bill of material and product tree.
- Evaluate Riordan’s sourcing strategy and its effect on Riordan’s supply chain. As part of this analysis, include the following aspects:
- Supplier location, size of company, and financial stability
- Metrics used to measure supplier performance (on-time delivery, defects, and so on)
- Strategic advantage of rationalizing the existing supplier base and its effect on supplier alliances
- Supplier improvement strategies
- Analyze and explain how Riordan’s electric fan supply chain may take advantage of global opportunities that align with its strategic positioning. As part of this analysis, include the following aspects:
- What parts of the electric fan production line(s) should be insourced and outsourced?
- What are Riordan’s advantages and disadvantages of global sourcing?
- Analyze and explain the effect of global sourcing on Riordan’s distribution channels and supply chain logistic strategies.
- Evaluate and describe how supply chain logistic strategies affect customer relationship management.
- Describe how technology may affect Riordan’s supply chain, such as e-Procurement, e-Marketplace, and reverse actions.
Prepare a 700-word paper for Part 2 (5 pts) and also an 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® deck (5 pts) covering Riordan Part 1 and Part 2. Include speaker notes on each slide. Be prepared to present your findings to the class.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
- You need at least 2 references for full points (not two chapters from the same online text or library book or article or one reference, but two different sources).
- Turnitin plagiarism (similarity) report is due and worth 10% of the grade (turn in to Center for Writing Excellence without reference page and then re-attach it before turning in to me as an attachment to the assignments section). You should have 10% or less for full points…..reword long quotes to get the percentage down. Cut and paste results as an Exhibit to your paper.
- Word count has to be near for full points (without reference page or title page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment including three documents, 1) Your assignment Paper and 2) the PPT and 3) Turnitin plagiarism report as separate document (MS Word or PDF).