ISCOM 370 Week 4 Riordan Part 1: Electric Fan Supply Chain Planning
SEE Week 1 Individual assignment SAMPLE PAPER and GRADING RUBRIC and the course INSTRUCTOR POLICIES FOR GRADING EXPECTATIONS for the whole class.
Review the Riordan Supply Chain Virtual Organization and their Electric Fan Operations.
Write a paper of no more than 1,400 words that includes the following:
- Determine Riordan’s manufacturing strategic positioning and explain its effect on the electric fan supply chain.
- Create a process flow diagram for the electric fan supply chain.
- Select two metrics to evaluate performance of the electric fan supply chain.
- Create a sales forecast using the expert judgment forecasting technique.
- Develop an aggregate production plan, master schedule, and materials requirement plans for electric fans based off your sales forecast.
- Describe how sales and operations planning would enable Riordan to maximize profitability.
- Explain the effect on Riordan if a key piece of equipment went down on their electric fan production line creating a bottleneck that leads to a 5% capacity reduction. Engineers estimate it will take 4 weeks for this piece of equipment to be repaired. How would this impact the aggregate production plan, the master schedule, and ultimately Riordan’s customers? What are some short-term solutions to the 10% capacity constraint?
Cite your references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
- You need at least 4 references for full points (not four chapters from the same online text or library book or article or one reference, but four different sources).
- Turnitin plagiarism (similarity) report is due and worth 10% of the grade (turn in to Center for Writing Excellence without reference page and then re-attach it before turning in to me as an attachment to the assignments section). You should have 10% or less for full points…..reword long quotes to get the percentage down. Cut and paste results as an Exhibit to your paper.
- Word count has to be near for full points (without reference page or title page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment including two documents, 1) Your assignment and 2) Turnitin plagiarism report as separate document (MS Word or PDF).