ISCOM 370 Week 3 Service Versus Product Supply Chain Design
SEE Week 1 Individual assignment SAMPLE PAPER and GRADING RUBRIC and the course INSTRUCTOR POLICIES FOR GRADING EXPECTATIONS for the whole class.
Pick a new product to design and a new service to be offered.
Prepare a 1,750-word paper in which you do the following:
- Explain the difference between a product and a service.
- Conduct a product design process for your new product. Be sure to include the following:
- Develop a perceptual map.
- Describe the product market and economic, technical, and strategic analyses.
- Describe the product’s form, functional, and production designs.
- Describe the pilot runs and testing requirements prior to the new product launch.
- Explain the product’s design quality review requirements.
- Describe green considerations such as sourcing, manufacturing, and consumption.
- Identify the usefulness of developing a House of Quality for your product design.
- Conduct a service design process for your new service. Be sure to include the following:
- Develop the service concept.
- Explain the service package.
- Describe the service performance specifications.
- Describe the service design specifications.
- Describe the service delivery specifications.
- Explain how quality is measured in your service design.
- Identify the usefulness of developing a service blueprint for your service design.
- Summarize three to four major differences, including quality control, between product, and service design.
Cite your references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
- You need at least 5 references for full points (not five chapters from the same online text or library book or article or one reference, but five different sources).
- Turnitin plagiarism (similarity) report is due and worth 10% of the grade (turn in to Center for Writing Excellence without reference page and then re-attach it before turning in to me as an attachment to the assignments section). You should have 10% or less for full points…..reword long quotes to get the percentage down. Cut and paste results as an Exhibit to your paper.
- Word count has to be near for full points (without reference page or title page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment including two documents, 1) Your assignment and 2) Turnitin plagiarism report as separate document (MS Word or PDF).