HUM 114 Week 3 Points of View
Complete the following by presenting the information by creating a Prezi, powerpoint, sharing a visual, or by doing an activity.
Choose one of the ten issues below and inform your instructor of your choice (no choices will be accepted until W1’s workshop):
- Air conditioning Hawai`i’s public schools
- Crime in Hawai`i – stealing, vandalism, violence, abuse, drugs
- Housing in Hawai`i – high prices, cost of living
- Portrayal of Hawai`i in films/tv
- University of Hawai`i Football
- One main airline for interisland travel – Hawai`ian
- Got another idea? Share this w/the instructor for approval (no later than W1). Note: there are also National issues
Imagine you are either a public official or citizen on your respective committee. Think about creative ways to share your input and think outside the box to state your opinions.
Create an informational session (presentation) that includes the following:
- Reflect and share your original opinion of your topic, which includes your stance and offers solutions to the problem
- Locate and share two articles from the University Library or the Internet and include the following in your presentation:
- 1 article must be “for” your topic, and the other “against” your topic
- Brief summary (5 points) of each article and its stance
- Which of the two articles was more persuasive? Why?
- How is the information contained in the articles reliable? (authors credibility, non-credible)
- Has your opinion changed after reading the articles? Why or why not?
- What type of information and research would you need to change your opinion if it did not change?
- Cite your references in a separate slide/page in APA format
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab