BUS 325 Week 8 Assignment 2 International Assignments
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Imagine that you are the HR director for a multinational firm that has recently begun to assign workers to international posts. You are responsible for determining the staffing needs of foreign operations. You will also need to adopt a mentoring program for expatriates. As you do not have the resources to provide in-house training, you are considering the use of an external consulting firm to provide pre-departure training for employees.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Determine four to six (4-6) components that the pre-departure training will need to cover. Provide a rationale for the use of using the training components in question.
2. Propose three (3) criteria that management will use to assess the performance of expatriates working abroad. Support your proposal with examples of the fundamental ways in which these performance requirements have improved performance.
3. Recommend the recruiting and selection strategy that you believe your firm should use when offering international assignments. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
4. Compare and contrast two (2) staffing alternatives for foreign operations at your multinational firm. Select the staffing alternative that you believe to be the best fit for your scenario and provide a rationale for your selection.
5. Analyze the importance of providing a high-quality mentoring system for international assignees. Provide one (1) example of a high-quality mentoring system for international assignees to support your analysis.
6. Suggest the manner in which you plan to measure return on investment (ROI) for international assignments. Provide a rationale for your decision.
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze international business strategy to identify human resource requirements and formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve productivity and contribute to the firm’s competitiveness.
• Assess recruiting and selection strategies that can be used to effectively meet organizational requirements for operating in multiple countries.
• Select performance management processes to assess and improve performance throughout a multinational corporation.
• Propose training programs to improve performance throughout a multinational corporation and address the considerations for effective learning in a diverse workforce of expatriates, host country nationals, and third-country nationals.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
• Propose staffing alternatives for foreign operations and address the considerations for the use of expatriates versus localization or third-country nationals.
Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics