ACC 499 Week 3 Assignment 1 Amazon.com Business Combinations and Financial Results Analysis
Search the Internet for acquisitions and equity investments made by Amazon.com during the last five (5) years. Review the 10-K of Amazon.com located at http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?company=&match=&CIK=AMZN&filenum=&State=&Country=&SIC=&owner=exclude&Find=Find+Companies&action=getcompany.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Examine how at least three (3) growth strategy alternatives utilized by Amazon.com in the global and domestic retail markets influenced profitability, and indicate if the strategies were successful.
2. Assess the financial value of the acquisitions and investments made by Amazon.com, and the influence of the acquisitions and investments on profitability during the accounting period.
3. Analyze the effect of the equity investments and impairments resulting from the acquisitions and investments by Amazon.com on the financial statements, and indicate whether or not the strategy was a creatable one. Provide support for your rationale.
4. Create an argument that growth in the European market can have a significant impact on current earnings and profit for Amazon.com. Provide support for your rationale.
5. Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze accounting situations to apply the proper accounting rules and make recommendations to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in accounting.
• Write clearly and concisely about accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Direct Link: http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=2492185