BSHS 425 Week 3 Diversity in the Workplace: Implications for Human Resource Development Paper
Diversity in the Workplace: Implications for Human Resource Development Paper
This assignment is about Diversity in the Workplace and how Human Resources Departments put practices in place that are required and fair.
The first part is to discuss your own personal experience with discrimination. However, I realize that some people have not experienced this personally. Therefore, please see the instructions in italics for more detail on what is being asked for in this assignment.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400 word paper that includes your personal experiences with discrimination, diversity in the workplace and describe how diversity is important with human resource department processes and development.
- Discuss a time at your workplace when you experienced or observed discrimination. Include a brief description of the event and the work environment the discrimination occurred (Omit identifying demographic information and use fictitious names as needed.) (If you have ever been subjected to or observed another being discriminated at your present place of employment or a prior, tell about that information. Just a brief explanation of what happened. If you haven’t and know a family or friend who has, you can write a brief description about that. If NEITHER apply, it is OK, please continue on with the rest of the assignment)
- Federal and state legislation that supports fair workplace practices (Tell what these are–research this or you should find in your text)
- The responsibilities of human resource managers and their implications concerning race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual or religious beliefs, and disabilities (Research this or you should find in your text)
- How risk management strategies support equity within the workplace (What is risk management? Why is it important in agencies? Research this or you should find in your text)
- Why issues of diversity within the workplace are paramount for human service workers and for management of human service organizations (How do diversity issues affect the agency? Research this or you should find in your text)
- How this experience or observation may influence issues of diversity with your own original Dream Agency Idea or for Your Learning Team’s choice for the Dream Agency and Presentation in Week 5. (If you had an experience or saw discrimination, how will this influence you with your practices with the Team’s chosen Dream Agency? It may not at all, but there may be things you want to add in your Human resources dept. or you may not change a thing. If you have not witnessed or experienced anything, speculate on what you would like to include)
- How this would apply to the development and management aspects of human resources. (Each Agency has a Human Resources Dept. How would you apply all of the above to the development of your Human Resources Dept.?)
Format your report consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit in the assignment tab.