ENG 147 Week 1 Topic Selection Reflection
Refer to Ch. 1 of the Bedford Researcher to review information on selecting a research topic.
Reflect on topics you reviewed in the Opposing Viewpoints in Context database in this week’s “Explore Possible Topics” Learning Activity.
Complete all sections of the Topic Selection Reflection worksheet located to your right under the Materials heading.
Submit your worksheet to the Assignment Files tab.
Note. You can continue to access the Opposing Viewpoints in Context database by going to the University Library, selecting Specialized Resources, and then clicking on Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
Topic Selection Reflection
Answer the following questions for your ENG/147 final paper. Your response to each question should be at least 50 to 75 words.
- Based on your exploration of the Opposing Viewpoints in Context database, what topic are you considering? Explain. It is fine if your topic is a general one, as you will narrow it down in Week 2.
- Why have you selected this topic? What interests you academically or personally about your topic?
- What do you already know about the topic?
- What questions about this topic would you like to investigate?
- What challenges do you anticipate as you consider the writing process?