ETH 355 Week 3 Aligning Personal and Professional Values
You have been offered a great job opportunity. Before you accept the offer, however, you want to be sure the company will be a good fit for you. To help you make this decision, you will need to determine your own personal values and those of the organization you select to see how your values and the values of the organization do or do not align.
Resource: “What Do I Value?” Self-Assessment
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you identify your decision to either take the job or decline it. Be sure to include the following information to support your decision:
- Complete the “What Do I Value?” Self-Assessment to identify your personal values. To access this self-assessment:
- Select the Assessments tab
- Select Values and Attitude Insights
- Generate a list of your personal values.
- Research your company’s values or a company with which you are familiar. Look at the following when researching and generate a list of your findings:
- The code of ethics of the profession
- The code of ethics for the organization
- The societal values for the profession
- Align your personal values with those of the organization you selected. To do this, be sure you identify the following:
- Areas where your personal values align
- Areas where your personal values do not align
- Determine appropriate actions for the misalignments you have identified. Some questions you may want to consider include the following:
- Will you need to adjust your personal values to align with those of the organization?
- Are you willing to work to change the organizational values once working at the company?
- Are you willing to live with the misalignments you have identified?
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.