CJS 255 Week 4 Prison Life Presentation
Complete the following in CJi Interactive on the student website:
- Learning Modules
- Ch. 11: Corrections History and Institutions > Prisons and Jails
- Ch. 13: Life Behind Bars > The Legal Rights of Inmates
- Myth & Issues Videos
- Ch. 13: Life Behind Bars > Issue 1: Should Prisoners have Rights?
Create an 8- to 12-slide presentation examining the life of prisoners. Include the following in the presentation:
- A brief comparison of jail and prison inmates
- A brief comparison of male and female inmates’ backgrounds
- A brief comparison of state and federal inmates, including the difference between prison life in private and nonprivate prisons
- An explanation of how prison life has changed over time
- A description of the extent and nature of prison violence
- A description of the extent and nature of prisoner litigation
- Two recommendations that will
- positively affect the life of prisoners
- address the increasing violence and variations of violence in prisons
- limit prisoner litigation issues
Include speaker notes for each slide.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.