SOC 110 Week 1 Participation
Case Study: The Study Group Dilemma
Read the case study and questions 1 and 2 on p. 2 of Working in Groups.
Discuss your responses with the class.
Reflect on this week’s readings.
Discuss with your classmates the following:
- How would you decide what skills and experiences are needed to complete projects with quality and efficiency?
- Choose and describe a problem or project in your workplace that calls for a team solution.
- If you could build this team with famous people of the past and present, who would you select? Explain your rationale.
- Match the skills and experiences needed with each selection. You may select people from politics, sports, entertainment, or other areas.
- The team must have between four and six members.
- Write out your All-Star team selection and provide your rationale for the choices in no more than 70 words. Be prepared to discuss selections and rationale with the class.