CJA 354 Week 2 Paper Q&A Criminal Defenses and Criminal Capacity
Prepare answers to the following questions, in a minimum1,000 word analysis:
- What is the definition of justification? What are some examples of justification? What is the definition of excuse? Some examples of excuse? How does justification differ from an excuse? Compare and contrast the criteria between excuse and justification.
- What is criminal capacity? How does criminal capacity impact the defense process? Research data regarding rate of conviction of those suffering from mental illness. How does the data support the connection between criminal convictions and criminal capacity? Explain.
- Each team member must write a substantive portion of the final team paper (ie, editing the final draft or writing the introduction and conclusion will NOT earn full points).
- Format your paper according to APA standards, and include level headings throughout the paper itself. (See Sample APA Paper in the Center for Writing Excellence if you are not familiar with these types of headings–https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/CWE/pdfs/APA6thWritingStyleSamplePaperV8.pdf).
- Limit your outside (ie, other than the textbooks for this
- class) sources to three, total.