CJA 354 Week 1 Criminal Law Evaluation
Prepare a minimum 700 word paper in which you address all of the following items:
- Examine both the sources and purposes of criminal law.
- Identify and explain jurisdiction to create and enforce criminal law.
- Discuss and define the adversarial system and the two standards of proof in criminal cases.
- Define and differentiate the concepts of criminal liability and accomplice liability.
- Define 3 types of inchoate offenses (Solicitation, conspiracy, and attempt) AND then link all 3 of them to the elements of ONE specific crime (ie, burglary or murder or theft), with hypothetical examples of each. For example, attempted murder, solicitation of murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Format your paper according to APA standards, and include level headings throughout the paper itself. (See Sample APA Paper in the Center for Writing Excellence if you are not familiar with these types of headings–https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/CWE/pdfs/APA6thWritingStyleSamplePaperV8.pdf).
- Limit your outside (ie, other than the textbooks for this
- class) sources to two, total.